No-Bake Cookie with Kids
In the last post, I shared about Baking with Kids and also the recipe for Eggless Banana Cinnamon Walnut cake, which is my son’s favorite. Recently, we tried our hands on something quick, a No-bake yet delicious cookie. And my lil boy named it Chocos Vanilla Cookie Sandwich. With minimal ingredients, easily available at home and absolutely No baking, this cookie became an instant hit with him.
This No-bake cookie recipe can be tried with children right from 3 years. Making cookies is simple and getting kids involved in this process will make it more fun. Also, since it does not involves any work with flour, it is also less messy (for all those moms worrying about the mess created). It is all the more tempting for kids, as it involves a generous addition of Vanilla Ice-cream. Since summers are already here, it is a perfect time to relish this cookie sandwich.
Recipe: Chocos Vanilla Cookie Sandwich
Total Time: 30m Prep Time: 10m Refrigeration Time: 20m
- Chocos crushed into small pieces
- Corn flakes /Muesli, mashed (optional)
- Hot Chocolate (melted)
- Almond powder, finely crushed (optional, but a healthy addition)
- Peanut Butter (2 tablespoons)
- Vanilla Icecream
- Take Chocos and Muesli/Cornflakes and chop them into small pieces so that they can bind well with the chocolate.
- Mix the above mixture well and add almond powder to it
- Melt Hot chocolate
- Add melted chocolate and peanut butter to the chocos-flakes mixture and mix it well.
- Take a small portion and give it the shape of a cookie.
- Make 4 cookies and put them on parchment paper
- Put them in the refrigerator for around 20 minutes, until they are set
- Once set, remove the cookies and add generously some vanilla ice cream between the two cookies to make it a cookie sandwich
Isn’t it quick and simple? If you found it tempting, then do try it with your kids. It’s gonna be a summer treat for them, all home-made. Since chocolate goes well with Vanilla, hence I preferred this flavor. If you make flavored ice cream at home, then you may try others like Strawberry too for this No-Bake cookie sandwich.
Keep enjoying and utilizing your #stayathome to the most!