Mathematics is an exercise for our left brain! It is not just about equations and algorithms, but about understanding and applying logic. It is a subject that builds reasoning abilities and enhances problem-solving skills. Once you understand math, you’ll be able to apply its logic in your day to day life. The laws of Mathematics govern everything around in our lives, right from grocery shopping, traveling to managing finances. It is all a game of numbers, don’t you agree? To keep up with Math, what a child needs is consistent Math practice in a fun way, similar to what Cuemath provides.
Why is Math important for a child?
Math triggers various intricate neural connections of our brains. Many pieces of research have proved that higher math skills are associated with enhanced cognitive, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. It also enhances the attention-span(when engaged in a fun and interactive manner).
How to excel in Math?
While we were growing up, the quantum of practical activities was less. Then, the focus was more on copying the notes and rote learning. Math often seemed to be a subject in which many students lagged. The reasons were missing out on basics, lagging in practice, and lack of fun activities involving math.
Today, as we witness the educational transformation, emphasizing more on practical aspects, understanding math has become much easier. Math can be so much fun and easy if kids are involved in Math games, and activities, right from their toddlerhood. Various puzzles, games as Sudoku, tangrams, activities as crosswords, are just a few examples, how math encourages kids to “think” and enhance their gray matter in a fun way.
Today, children need to have access to innovative learning programs integrated with technology, to spark their creativity and imagination. This is when they will experience the real joy of learning.
How to help your child excel in Math?
- Ditch rote learning and try to build experiential practical learning right from the start
- Practice, practice, and practice, that’s the biggest thumb rule. Never give up trying to solve math problems
- Discuss problems with your academician, if any
- Opt for an interactive after-school math program, which focuses on making math enjoyable for students.
One such highly recommended program is by Cuemath. Check out various courses and summer camp 2020 details by Cuemath here
Solving the Zig-zag puzzle of Math with CueMath:
Cuemath has redefined math learning for kids from Kindergarten to Grade 10.
“In their own words, We expose children to a learning system that enables and encourages them to think the Why behind the What of math concepts”
Benefits of getting your child enrolled with Cuemath program:
- Cuemath is an after-school math program that helps children learn math in a very interactive and fun manner. Cuemath programs go beyond the traditional math, as its programs cover aptitude, creative reasoning, concepts for holistic learning of your child.
- You have the option to choose Online(Grade 1- 10) program or Offline program (KG -Grade8), as per your convenience. Currently, all the classes are being conducted live Online via their learning platform.
- The focus is on helping children understand the reason and logic behind the math problem, to help kids arrive at a solution. This involves lots of fun exercises (for speed and accuracy), tab-based math games (for mental aptitude), puzzle cards (for creative thinking and reasoning), and much more.
- The teachers are well trained and certified as per the curriculum.
- Students get personalized attention from teachers as the programs are with small batch sizes.
- Their online classes do not have passive videos, but a certified math teacher is taking the live classes, which ensures better and interactive learning, with one on one doubt-clearing opportunities for children.
- Cuemath curriculum has been designed by graduates from IITs, IIMs, Harvard, and Cambridge. It has been designed keeping in mind all boards(CBSE, ICSE, State Boards), and hence as a parent you need not worry about the curriculum.
- Cuemath’s program entails a personalized learning plan for each student, under the supervision of the program manager.
- You can get the assistance of your mentor even during the non-class days/hours, which helps students get an uninterrupted experience.
- A one-hour cue math class usually looks like 40minutes of learning via digital worksheets and math box, 10 minutes working on tab-based aptitude skills, and 5 minutes for puzzle cards.
Interestingly, Cuemath has come up with Summer camp for kids to ensure that their vacations are fun, but with no learning loss. Starting from children aged 6 (up to 16years), they are having the “Young Coders program” to help children experience the joy of coding.
This summer camp is being done in 12 sessions of 60 minutes each. The sessions include doing Cuemath workbooks, learning to code, and fun math activities.
The workbooks (now online), have a mix of math activities (as crosswords), games (as Sudoku, Ken-Ken, Tangrams), puzzles and crafts, as origami, posters and much more. Doesn’t this sound super fun to keep kids engaged and enhance their math skills?
Whether you are looking to introduce these fun elements to your kids, or planning to prepare your child for Math Olympiads, or planning to create a robust base for competitive exams, Cuemath covers it all for your child.
Stay Indoors, stay safe!