Kids Birthday Party themes
Hola! Summer vacations, Birthday season is so much closer and what better than planning some dramatic yet appealing Kids Birthday party themes? I was not acquainted with this adorable, super charming world of kids until I witnessed quite a few in the last 2 years. Every party looks so fascinating. Being parents, we’ve been brainstorming this year to host a themed Birthday party, which kids would simply love.
So here are 5 delightful Kids Birthday Party themes, right for you :
1. Lego themed Birthday Party
If you’re blessed with a Lego obsessed kid like mine, then nothing can beat a Lego themed party. Right from the Lego invitation cards, to Cakes and decorations, Lego theme is perfect to host fun Lego games. Masks are inherent for any party, go for Lego Duplo inspired character masks and similar party props. You can get your Lego inspired foldable invitation cards free from here.
Lego theme Games for a Birthday party :
- Build out Lego towers and use them for bowling game at the party.
- Go for Lego bridge making competition, the longer the winner or the longer in the least time, would be the winner
- How about having a fun game of guessing the no of Lego bricks in a glass jar?
- Scavenger Hunts are amazing in Kids party, and here you can have Lego Scavenger hunt. You simply have to hide assorted Lego bricks and here go your mini guests on the task:)
- Remember the lemon spoon race? Then go for Lego spoon race as a twist, it’ll be super fun.
- Not just these, you can give sets of Lego bricks to kids and ask them to show their creativity in say 10 minutes. You’ll be amazed at their creativity and kids will have equal fun and satisfaction.
The more twists to the traditional games you think off, the more fun it will be.
2. Pirate Themed Party
Is the Jolly Roger on the ship ready to take off the Pacific? This Pirate themed party is super big hit with boys of the house. How about having some Captain Hook cookies? Let’em eat them up all, lol!
The creepy skull decor will make these boys awful too. You can add up to the bash by handing over the hat, eye patch and a hook to every mini guest as soon as they arrive. Let it all be nightmarish dads and moms!
Get your backyards ready to unload the Pirates from the ship for some fun games.
- Allow them to loot the buried treasure. take 2-3 sandboxes, filled with sand and bury lots of jewels and precious items (FAKE ones, for sure). Sort the pirates in teams and let them loot in 5 minutes. The team who gets most is the winner.
- You can also go for a ring toss game on a Pirate signboard.
- Since summers are here, you can also have some fun water play in the backyard. Get some pirate buckets ready and give kids the water guns. All they need to do is fill their bucket with the water from water guns. It is great fun when done in a team.
- A Pirate relay race is another hit. Kids need to wear the hooks and get the secret stuff bags (using the hook) back to their teams. The ones who bring in the most bags are the winners.
You can have customized Invitations (Read and Black combinations), Tablewares, balloons, and decors to give it a real authentic Pirate look. Skull and crossbones designed cupcakes will add to the zest. Lastly, don’t forget to add a spooky Photobooth for this terrifying party.
3. Peppa Pig theme Birthday party :
This super charming Piggy family is the most beloved of all kids. Lemme tell you, this theme is really common nowadays, but still it is a craze amongst kids. Right from props, to decors, themed return gift bags, you name it and you have the handy Piggy cutouts ready. But even in this common theme, get some uniqueness with Peppa loved games.
Ensure, this time you don’t have a chocolate shake, but some muddy milkshake for the tiny piggy’s assembled ay your place.
- Since we all know that Peppa and George love their muddy puddles, so how about have some fun around them. Astonished? Well, let’s have it indoors in the form of a musical party? Keep the printed muddy puddles, so that these piglets can jump over the ones as soon as the music stops. And with every round, start removing the printable muddy puddles for the fun.
- Peppa has lots of friends like Rebecca Rabbit, Emily Elephant, Candy Cat, Suzy Sheep, Pedro Pony, Zoe Zebra and more. You can have handy printables in a box. Kids can pull out as the music stops on their turn. They need to sound or enact like the character they pulled. It is fun when you see kids snorting like pigs;)
- You can also have Chicken Hunt game here. Make yellow chickens out of Pom pom balls and hide them in your party space or through the trail. Let them start the hunt.
- Instead of wet muddy puddles, you can go for muddy slime and recreate the magic of messy play with the piggies all around.
Keep snorting and keep playing!
4. Ice-cream Theme Birthday party :
Could there be a better companion than Ice cream for the summer birthday party? This theme can be thrilling and the decors can be adorable and drool-worthy. Just ensure that the decors are not gobbled up by our crazy lovers:). It should be sweeter than ever. You can make your own Ice-cream cones and Ice cream balloons for the coolest decor. Ice-cream cone party hats are crazy for these kids, while creamy cookies are full of yumminess.
How about having an Ice-cream parlor for a perfect DIY time for kids? This can also act as a Picture worthy spot.
Here are the fun Ice-cream themed games for the party :
- Pin cherry on the sundae, well it’s the creamier version of pinning the tail on a donkey. Blindfold the participants, give them spins(as many as you wish to) and ask them to pin the cherry on top of your Sundae. The closer the winner!
- How about creating the magic of a Master Ice cream chef? Now Since that, you’ve already got the Ice cream parlor readied, get everything, right from basic Vanilla ice-cream, to cherries, Oreo crumbs, Colourful sprinkles. Allow kids to make the most amazing Ice cream they can within 3-minutes. The yummiest one wins (and the host gets to taste all the ice creams).
- Cone Relay race: For Ice-cream theme, have some cones ready and put a bigger size ball on top of the cones. And then begins the race. Laugh, scream, hoot and in the end eat the cone!
Check out how to make Ice cream cones balloons :
5. Messy Art Party theme :
Well, I love this theme, for the reason that kids love to be messy, rather than well dressed. Keep those new clothes for evening cake cutting and get the party mode on, in the messiest way possible.
Get the glitter slimes, Squirt guns, color water pool, shaving cream, color canvas ready for some real quirky fun. All that you need is your garden space, lots of water and old clothes. You’ll end up seeing the most beautiful arts created by kids, in the name of being messy, lol!
This is not just a great Birthday party idea, but also you can have this Messy water playdate for kids in summers. Sponges, brushes, squirt guns, give them all of it along with canvas to show their creativity.
Well, now that I’ve ushered a lot of the ideas, I’m sure you can pick the one you love. Just the decor and classy invitations won’t excite kids. Remember, exciting games are the ones that please them!
Have fun this summer!