Let’s talk about Women hygiene products
Using scented products to make vagina smell good seems to be a trend, which upsets me, due to the ignorance of understanding our intimate areas. Well, The answer to the question, do you need products to clean your Vagina is, No! You do not need any product to keep your Vagina clean, as Vagina is designed to keep itself clean. Vagina’s natural secretions are healthy discharges, which help in maintaining the right vaginal pH and the right microbiome of good bacteria’s. This dominance of good bacteria’s outnumbers the other harmful ones that can infect your intimate areas.
Many women have resorted to using fragrant soaps and washes, just to “smell nice”, unaware of the fact that one should never use any external agents to clean the Vagina (including douching). Due to this extra cleaning/using scented soaps, you might even experience infections/skin irritations. It has been well proven that the balance of good bacteria’s should never be disturbed (which usually happens while douching /cleaning vaginal secretions).
This is the most sensitive part of our body and we need to understand and appreciate its real nature.
Is Intimate wash necessary?
If not Vagina, what exactly needs to be cleansed? While our Vagina is a self-cleaning organ, the external area, referred to as Vulva needs gentle cleansing daily. This is the region that is exposed to dirt, sweat (due to the presence of hair follicles), menstrual blood, that could thrive harmful bacterias and cause itching, and infection in severe cases.
Why should women use Natural Intimate wash?
As per Medical News Today, “Women should regularly clean the skin of the vulva”. And since our intimate area is the most sensitive, normal fragrant soaps might turn out harsher and result in dryness and irritation.
What one needs is a mild wash, which is not scented and as natural as possible. This is the reason why I started using Imbue Intimate Hygiene Wash .
Why Imbue Intimate Hygiene Wash?
To keep Vulva clean, a natural, unscented, quality tested wash like Imbue Hygiene wash/Foam is the best. I have been using Imbue Intimate hygiene wash for quite some time. This is an all-natural product, made up of ingredients which have been prescribed in ancient science for good Vaginal health. Imbue Intimate hygiene wash is made up of plant-based ingredients like Aloe Vera, Neem, Tea Tree oil, Banyan Fig. Read further, to understand how these natural ingredients help in keeping your Vagina healthy!
- Aloe Vera: Aloe gel is highly effective in keeping vulva well moisturized(preventing dryness). It has also been said to be effective in the case of Vaginitis(vaginal inflammation) and Candidiasis (vaginal yeast infection) due to Aloe Vera’s healing properties.
- Neem: Neem’s medicinal utilities have been mentioned even in Ayurveda. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial agent. Its immuno-stimulant properties help to keep our intimate areas infection-free.
- Banyan Fig: The bark of the Banyan tree has been stated in Ayurveda to cure Vaginal Infections, due to its anti-microbial properties.
- Tea Tree: This essential oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties. Due to these properties, it is a very important component to heal microbial vaginal infections.
Benefits of using Imbue Intimate Hygiene wash:
Now that we are aware that it helps to keep the vulvar area clean and protects it from infection, here are the reasons why I would recommend it to you:
- This alcohol-free, all-natural Intimate wash is free of any Parabens, Sulphates, Chemicals, and artificial fragrances.
- It is a Vegan and Cruelty-Free product
- It keeps the external genital skin moisturized, clean and free of any infection.
- If you’re facing Itching, Irritation on the vulvar region, use it consistently and see the difference. These natural ingredients prevent itching and irritation.
- It also maintains the growth of good bacterias (lactobacilli precisely), to maintain the correct pH level of Vagina.
How to Use?
Since it is an all-natural formulation, I use it twice a day, after each shower. Simply take a small amount of the Imbue Intimate hygiene wash and apply it to the external vulvar region and then rinse with water.
I’m also planning to use Imbue Intimate Hygiene Foam, which has the same ingredients but is in the form of a foam. As travelers hitting the roads and mountains very frequently, hygiene has been our major concern. This foam will act as a perfect companion during our upcoming travels. All you need to do is take the right amount of foam on your clean hands/tissue paper and apply it over your external genitalia. And you’re done, improving your vaginal health by preventing any infections!
Conclusion: Need for Feminine Hygiene Intimate wash:
Be gentle with your sensitive areas, opt for healthy dietary habits and choose mild products wisely. Appreciate the way nature has made it and DO NOT use normal fragrant products. In case, you seem to have a higher degree of itching and irritation, it is always the right approach to visit your gynecologist! My review is an honest opinion, based on my usage.